The setting up of a Board of Advisors (BOA) reflects our commitment to corporate governance and to be inline with the industry’s expectations of being an independent platform. The following sets out the mission, composition and mechanism of the BOA.
Mission of Board of Advisors
Composition of Board of Advisors and Board of Directors
More information about the Board of Advisors
- Strive to have a diverse BOA with appropriate geographical and gender representation.
- A minimum of 4 members and a maximum of 9 members.
- An equal number of members from rubber producer groups and rubber consumer groups.
- BOA members are appointed in their own personal capacity.
- A BOA Chairman will be appointed amongst and by the BOA members to sit on the Board of Directors (BOD).
- The BOA Chairman will alternate between the rubber producer groups and rubber consumer groups for each appointment.
- Each member of the BOA (including the Chairman) will be appointed for an initial term of 3 years and if reappointed, the subsequent appointment will be for a term of 2 years.
- A BOA member can serve a maximum of 2 terms, unless otherwise approved by the BOD.
- An independent BOA member who is neither a member from a rubber producer group nor a rubber consumer group is advisable but optional.
- BOD will select the list of BOA members. Once appointed as a BOA member, the removal of any BOA member will require a unanimous decision from the BOD. If the removal relates to the BOA Chairman who is represented on the BOD, the BOA Chairman shall abstain from the voting.